Make a Gift
Help us continue our mission. Together we can draw talented students from all socio-economic levels and backgrounds. Your gift will open doors for new generations of future engineers.
Partner with EPIC to build bright futures!
It's an epic time for EPIC-Cal Poly's Engineering Possibilities in College summer camp.
EPIC employs Cal Poly's Learn by Doing model to spark an early interest in science, technology, engineering, and math (STEM). Within a university setting, the campers are immersed in hands-on labs, interact with engineers, and participate in fun and challenging games, competitions and social activities.
Since it began in 2007, the program has marked some major milestones, expanding to include:
- Four annual sessions accommodating at least 720 participants;
- One session for middle school students and three sessions for high schools students;
- A residential component so campers can more fully experience campus life and envision themselves as college students.
EPIC's success is part of a larger effort among educators and industry to broaden the path to college and careers in engineering and related fields, with strong focus on expanding opportunities for low-income, first-generation, and underrepresented students in engineering. Indeed, with a shrinking number of engineers in the workforce, cultivating new generations of engineers through programs like EPIC has never been more vital.
Lab Sponsorship- Sponsor an EPIC hands-on lab, covering the instructor's pay and lab supplies. Choose one of four ways to sponsor:
- Your company develops the lab and sends its corporate engineer(s) to teach. Must teach at least two labs and cover lab supplies.
- Your company sponsors lab supplies for two labs. $800
- Your company co-develops and co-teaches the lab with a Cal Poly faculty member or a student instructor. $1,500
- Your company sponsors a Cal Poly faculty member or a student instructor to develop and teach a lab a full week. $2,500
Speaker sponsorship- Sponsor an engineering professional speaker, covering the speakers travel, room, and speaking fee. You may also choose to send an engineer from your company.
Low-Income student scholarship- Sponsor the summer camp attendance of a low-income student covering tuition, room and board, transportation, and activities. $1,800
Team project sponsorship- Sponsor a team project covering the cost of supplies and prizes for the winners of the competition. $300
Give-away and in-kind gifts- Sponsor give-away items for EPIC campers, such as notebooks, pens, back packs, water bottles, engineering-related kits, cameras, hats, and travel mugs. If your company chooses to sponsor supplies for each camper, such as pens, EPIC will need at least 720 of each.
Any gift of any size is much appreciated!
Send a Gift by Mail
Gifts can also be mailed to:
College of Engineering-EPIC
California Polytechnic State University
1 Grand Ave. Bldg. 192-301
San Luis Obispo, CA 93407-0350
Cal Poly non-profit tax ID number: 20-4927897