Welcome to Engineering Possibilities in College (EPIC)
HOW TO APPLY
- Click on the "Apply now" button.
- Submit one application per student. This will include a student/applicant essay of up to 250 words answering why they would like to attend EPIC.
- Unfortunately, you are not able to save and return later to submit the application. We recommend writing the essay beforehand and coming back to copy/paste the essay and submit the application.
- Applicants do not need to submit a letter of recommendation or send in transcripts. There is also no fee to apply. Full payment is only required once the student is admitted.
2022 Program Dates
Session 1 June 13-17 Rising 6th-12th Grade (Virtual Program ONLY)
Session 2 June 19-24 Rising 9th-12th Grade (Residential)
Session 3 June 26-July 1 Rising 9th-12th Grade (Residential)
Session 4 July 5-8 Rising 6th-9th Grade (Residential)
Session 5 July 10-15 Rising 9th-12th Grade (Residential)
Session 6 July 17-22 Rising 9th-12th Grade (Residential)
*NOTE: Grades based on Fall 2022 enrollment status.
Virtual Program $550
- Live two-hour Monday-Friday Virtual Engineering class
- Daily live virtual office hours to help with engineering project
- Live virtual speakers: Cal Poly Admissions, Industry Speaker, College Life, Engineering Majors, Engineering Student Panels
- Live virtual Social Events: Scavenger hunt, talent show, and more
- Virtual Tours: Cal Poly, College of Engineering, and Housing
Hight School Residential Program $1,850
Middle School Residential Program $1,650
- Housing (Sunday evening - Friday afternoon)
- All meals and snacks
- Monday-Thursday Engineering Classes
- Friday activities
- Engineering week group project
- Speaker Series: Cal Poly Admissions, Industry Speaker, College Life, Engineering Majors, Engineering Student Panels
- Social Events: Scavenger hunt, talent show, recreation center, pool, movie night, bowling
- Tours: Cal Poly, College of Engineering, and Housing
Highlights and Daily Schedule (Pacific Standard Time)
Virtual: 8:30 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. (office hour 2:00 p.m. - 3:00 p.m.)
Residential: Check In Sunday 3:00 pm / Check Out Friday 3:00 p.m.
Virtual Workshop Requirements
- Access to a computer (Windows PC or MAC)
- Access to reliable internet
- Non-school district issued email address
- Workspace area
- Available daily from 8:30am-3:00pm
- Secure mailing address (Engineering Kits will be mailed here.)