July 28th - August 2nd
Tuition for Residential Camp Program: $1,620
Session 2 is for high school students currently in 9th to 11th grade. All our high school programs are residential programs only, with campers staying in campus dorms to experience university life fully. If you have a medical reason, you may opt out of staying in the residence halls during the program.
Check-In Time: 3:00 p.m. - 4:30 p.m. on Sunday, July 28th
Check-Out Time: 4:00 p.m. - 5:00 p.m. on Friday, August 2nd
Check-In/Out Location: To be determined
What to Bring
Linens (sheets, blankets) and a pillow will be provided. Bath towels will also be provided but are very small. You may wish to bring your own bath towel.
Please be sure to pack the following items along with your clothes. See the EPIC Dress Code below for specifications on appropriate camp clothing.
- Closed toed shoes
- Sneakers for hiking
- Sweatshirt or Jacket for night activities - it gets cold in SLO at night
- Toiletries: shampoo, conditioner, soap, face wash, toothpaste, etc.
- Flashlight for night activities
- Bathing suit: must be modest and provide complete coverage. One piece for girls are preferred but not required
- Additional snacks
- Phones are allowed but may NOT be used during camp activities
- Beach Bag
- Beach Towel
- Spending money for snacks, Starbucks, arcade or University Bookstore
- School ID Card for Recreation Center access (16 and older)*
- Small box fan
What NOT to Bring
Please do not bring computers, tablets, or valuables. EPIC and Cal Poly are not responsible for lost or stolen items. Wi-Fi will not be available for campers.
EPIC Dress Code
All apparel should promote a positive learning environment and should not be distracting in any way. Clothing should cover cleavage, midriff, chest, and buttocks; undergarments should be covered and not visible. Attire that is see-through, strapless, or backless is prohibited. Shorts/skirts must extend to the end of the fingertips and pants should not sag. Apparel that depicts illegal substances, profanity, or other offensive language is forbidden. Bathing suits must cover breasts and buttocks completely and no thong bikinis are allowed.
EPIC Rules and Regulations
All students are expected to conduct themselves in a positive and respectful manner. Please refer to the information below for the full list of rules and regulations for EPIC.
ALL SCHOOL RULES APPLY.
- Attendance: Participation and attendance at all activities, workshops, and meals are mandatory.
- Behavior: Participants are expected to conduct themselves in a mature, orderly manner at all times. Vandalism and pranks will not be tolerated.
- Visitors: No visitors will be permitted during the camp except during previously specified times.
- Remain on campus: All participants are required to remain in the designated areas during the entire week. Certain areas are off limits due to insurance reasons.
- Drug, Alcohol and Tobacco Free: This camp is promoting a drug-free lifestyle. Given that, drugs, alcohol or tobacco use is strictly prohibited throughout the entire conference. Use of any prescription medication must be accompanied by a signed medication form.
- Electronic Games/Headsets: Electronic games, portable CD/radio/iPods and mp3 players, radios, cell phones, laptops, tablets, etc. may not be used during any organized program. We will not be responsible for any lost or stolen items, so it is preferred that these items are not brought to the camp.
- Lockdown Rules: Participants of residential camps will be required to abide by the lockdown hours, which will be posted in the residence hall. Entrance and exit from the residence hall is forbidden during lockdown hours. Participants must be in their rooms and quiet by the “lights-out” time designated by the EPIC Staff. Additionally, participants found tampering with any fire equipment will be dismissed from camp immediately. Also, University officials are required by law to report the responsible individual(s) to local authorities who will fine and may prosecute the under State Statute 941.13.