July 7 - 12
Tuition for Residential Camp Program: $1,620
Session 1 is for students currently in 6th to 8th grade. All our camp sessions are residential programs only, with campers staying in campus dorms to experience university life fully. If you have a medical reason, you may opt out of staying in the residence halls during the program.
Check-In Time: 3:00 p.m. - 4:30 p.m. on Sunday, July 7th
Check-Out Time: 4:00 p.m. - 5:00 p.m. on Friday, July 12th
Location of Check-In/Out: Trinity Hall, Building 105
Check-in for students will begin at 3:00p.m. on Sunday; it is recommended that a parent/guardian be present to check the student in at the beginning of EPIC. Students need to be checked in by 4:30 pm. Parking permits are not required on Sunday and parents can park in the residential parking lot See http://maps.calpoly.edu/ for a detailed map of campus.
If you are a camper driving yourself to camp and you have pre-purchased a parking permit during registration, you will be given your permit at the time of check-in. It must be displayed in the window by Monday morning.
On Sundays during summer, there are no eating establishments open during the time of check-in. Students will be taken to the dining hall by 5:15 p.m. for dinner. Please make sure they have eaten lunch or have snacks with them if they need food before 5:30 p.m.
Daily camp activities will be from 9:00am to 10:30pm; students will be fed breakfast, lunch, dinner, and some snacks.
The SoCal shuttle bus will pick up in El Segundo on Sunday and drop off on Friday. There will also be NoCal shuttle bus with pick-up and drop-off locations in San Jose and San Lorenzo. Please refer to the Transportation and Parking tab above for additional information.
What to Bring
- Closed toed shoes
- Clothing: At least one pair of pants. Some labs will require campers to wear pants. See the EPIC Dress Code below for specifications on appropriate camp clothing.
- Light jacket: evening may be a little cooler
- Additional snacks
- Beach Bag/towel
- Spending money for snacks, Starbucks, arcade or University Bookstore
- Box fan
What NOT to Bring
Please do not bring cell phones, computers, tablets, or valuables. EPIC and Cal Poly are not responsible for lost or stolen items.
EPIC Dress Code
All apparel should promote a positive learning environment and should not be distracting in any way. Clothing should cover cleavage, midriff, chest, and buttocks; undergarments should be covered and not visible. Attire that is see-through, strapless, or backless is prohibited. Shorts/skirts must extend to the end of the fingertips and pants should not sag. Apparel that depicts illegal substances, profanity, or other offensive language is forbidden. Students will be asked to change clothes if what they are wearing is inappropriate. Swimsuits must be modest.
EPIC Rules and Regulations
All students are expected to conduct themselves in a positive and respectful manner. Please refer to the information below for the full list of rules and regulations for EPIC.
ALL SCHOOL RULES APPLY.
- Attendance: Participation and attendance at all activities, workshops, and meals are mandatory.
- Behavior: Participants are expected to conduct themselves in a mature, orderly manner at all times. Vandalism and pranks will not be tolerated.
- Visitors: No visitors will be permitted during the camp except during previously specified times.
- Remain on campus: All participants are required to remain in the designated areas during the entire week. Certain areas are off limits due to insurance reasons.
- Drug, Alcohol and Tobacco Free: This camp is promoting a drug-free lifestyle. Given that, drugs, alcohol or tobacco use is strictly prohibited throughout the entire conference. Use of any prescription medication must be accompanied by a doctor’s note and must be noted on your health form.
- Electronic Games/Headsets: Electronic games, portable CD/radio/iPods and mp3 players, radios, cell phones, laptops, tablets, etc. may not be used during any organized program. We will not be responsible for any lost or stolen items, so it is preferred that these items are not brought to the camp.